- Administrative fee
- Pre-submission checklist
- Making your submission choices
- How to submit your response (Main User only)
- Submission confirmation
Once you have accessed, activated and completed your questionnaire response, the final step is to submit your response. If you have been requested to respond to multiple themes (climate change, forests, water security), the associated questionnaires must be submitted separately.
Please note, from 2023 the submission will be combined for all of your requesting authorities. This means that you are not able to submit to one authority but not another - you will only be able to submit to all authorities or none.
If you no longer wish to submit your response this year, you can decide to untick the field “Confirm intention” on your dashboard to indicate that you will not be responding. Please note, if you have been requested to respond to investors and do not disclose, you will receive an ‘F’ score, which will be visible on our website.
The deadline to submit your response to be eligible for scoring is 26 July 2023. However, you can still submit your response until the ORS closure date on 28 September 2023. Please see our FAQs for companies for more information on scoring.
If your organization is required to pay the disclosure administrative fee, the Main User will need to complete this before being able to submit the response. You will not be able to submit a response if you have not selected the payment method.
Please note, from 2023, CDP has introduced a new administrative fee structure. For more information on this, please see our admin fee FAQ page.
For guidance on how to pay the administrative fee please see the article on how to process the disclosure administrative fee guidance.
Prior to submitting a questionnaire, you are strongly encouraged to review the content, paying attention to:
- Spelling, grammar, and figures (if applicable, e.g. emissions figures) are correct.
- Your answers adhere to the relevant reporting guidance document.
- Answers to questions are not provided in the ‘Further Information’ field, or as attachments, unless specifically requested. Web links and cross references are not used to answer questions.
- The value ‘Other’ is selected in the drop-down list only if no other option fits your required value. If you imported your response from Excel, check the questions expected are displaying and contain your answers.
Only the Main User can submit the response and is therefore the only user that can see the submit button. If you need to change the Main User, the current Main User can do this via their corporate dashboard, otherwise please contact your account manager, local CDP contact, or contact us via our Help Center.
Note: You will not be able to submit your response until you have paid your administrative fee or requested an invoice from your dashboard.
Making your submission choices
Before you can submit your response, you will be required to confirm:
- The language you are submitting your response in
- Acceptance of the terms for responding
- You agree to submit your response to all requesting authorities
1. Sign in to your account and go to the questionnaire you want to submit via your dashboard
2. Navigate to the Submit your response page at the bottom of the online questionnaire
From 2023, responses submitted in English, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish will be eligible for scoring provided all other scoring criteria are met.
4. Confirm that you are submitting your response to all requesting stakeholders.
Note: From 2022, it is not possible to submit to some stakeholders and not others. Therefore, you only have the option to submit to ALL requesting authorities.
5. Indicate if you wish your response to be public or non-public:
If you have been requested by your customers, you must submit your supply chain questions together with your main response this year. You will not have the option to submit your supply chain questions later.
7. Confirm you have read and accept the terms:
8. Scroll to the top of the page and click Submit.
9. Click Confirm on the pop-out screen, confirming you want to submit.
Note: You cannot edit your response after you have submit unless you request access.
Clicking Submit will submit your response and take you to the ‘Thank you for your submission…’ page.
The Main User will receive an email confirming the submission. Please set ‘@cdp.net’ as a safe domain, otherwise the email may not be successfully delivered.
Your response is now submitted and is no longer editable. If you need to amend your response please see the section Amending your response in our disclosure platform guide for companies.
For more guidance on editing your response in your exported Excel document and other platform guidance, please refer to our disclosure platform guide for companies.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- Access for companies
- Activate your CDP questionnaire as an organization
- How to pay your administrative fee
- Account user types
- Timeline for responding
If you have not found an answer you were looking for, please contact our support team via the Help Center in ‘My Support’ on the CDP website. You will need to be signed in to access this.
If you are a new user, you can register here. Once you are signed in, please return to the Help Center via the link at the top of the page.