- Administrative fee
- Pre-submission checklist
- Making your submission choices
- How to submit your response (Main User only)
- Submission confirmation
Once you have accessed, activated and completed your questionnaire response, the final step is to submit your response. If you have been requested to respond to multiple themes (climate change, forests, water security), the associated questionnaires must be submitted separately.
Please note, from 2022 the submission will be combined for all of your requesting authorities. This means that you are not able to submit to one authority but not another - you will only be able to submit to all authorities or none.
If you no longer wish to submit your response this year, you can decide to untick the field “Confirm intention” on your dashboard to indicate that you will not be responding. Please note, if you have been requested to respond to investors and do not disclose, you will receive an ‘F’ score, which will be visible on our website.
The deadline to submit your response to be eligible for scoring is 27 July 2022. However, you can still submit your response until the ORS closure date on 28 September 2022. Please see our FAQs for companies for more information on scoring.
If your organization is required to pay the disclosure administrative fee, the Main User will need to complete this before being able to submit the response. You will not be able to submit a response if the fee has not been paid.
Please note that you may be exempt from paying a fee if your requesting authority is already covering it. For more information on the administrative fee, please see our admin fee FAQ page.
For guidance on how to pay the administrative fee please see the article on how to process the disclosure administrative fee guidance.
Prior to submitting a questionnaire, you are strongly encouraged to review the content, paying attention to:
- Spelling, grammar, and figures (if applicable, e.g. emissions figures) are correct.
- Your answers adhere to the relevant reporting guidance document.
- Answers to questions are not provided in the ‘Further Information’ field, or as attachments, unless specifically requested. Web links and cross references are not used to answer questions.
- The value ‘Other’ is selected in the drop-down list only if no other option fits your required value. If you imported your response from Excel, check the questions expected are displaying and contain your answers.
Making your submission choices
Before you can submit your response, you will be required to confirm:
- The language you are submitting your response in
- Acceptance of the terms for responding
- You agree to submit your response to all requesting authorities
- If your company is based in the EU, if you wish to submit your response to the European Climate Pact
How to submit your response (Main User only)
1. Sign in to your account and go to the questionnaire you want to submit via your dashboard
2. Navigate to the Submit your response page at the bottom of the online questionnaire
If your response is in any language other than English, it may not be scored. Please check with your account manager, local CDP contact, or contact us via the Help Center.
4. Confirm that you are submitting your response to all requesting stakeholders.Note: From 2022, it is not possible to submit to some stakeholders and not others. Therefore, you only have the option to submit to ALL requesting authorities.
Note: You will not be able to submit your response until you have paid your administrative fee.
5. Indicate if you wish your response to be public or non-public:
If you have been requested by your customers, you must submit your supply chain questions together with your main response this year. You will not have the option to submit your supply chain questions later.
6. If your company is based in the EU and you are submitting your response publicly, you will also be asked if you would like to submit to the European Climate Pact:
Indicating your consent allows CDP to share key environmental actions from your CDP disclosure on the European Climate Pact website, as pledges to the Pact. Companies join to share their transition journey and find collaboration opportunities to meet their environmental targets. Yearly CDP disclosure allows you to fully track progress against your sustainability strategy and streamline your European Climate Pact reporting.
7. Confirm you have read and accept the terms:
8. Scroll to the top of the page and click Submit.
9. Click Confirm on the pop-out screen, confirming you want to submit.
Note: You cannot edit your response after you have submit unless you request access.
Clicking Submit will submit your response and take you to the ‘Thank you for your submission…’ page.
The Main User will receive an email confirming the submission. Please set ‘@cdp.net’ as a safe domain, otherwise the email may not be successfully delivered.
Your response is now submitted and is no longer editable. If you need to amend your response please see the section Amending your response in our corporate platform guide.
For more guidance on editing your response in your exported Excel document and other platform guidance, please refer to our disclosure platform guide for companies.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- Access for companies
- Activate your CDP questionnaire as an organization
- How to pay your administrative fee
- Account user types
- Timeline for responding
If you are a new user, you can register here. Once you are signed in, please return to the Help Center via the link at the top of the page.